Located in central New Mexico, the Estancia Valley spans Torrance and Southern Santa Fe Counties, and is home to several incorporated communities, including Edgewood, Estancia, Moriarty, and Mountainair. Only a short distance to Albuquerque via Interstate 40, the Estancia Valley has become an attractive option for those seeking larger rural properties while still desiring the amenities associated with a metropolitan area.
The valley's close proximity to the state's largest and fastest-growing metropolitan area, combined with an excellent highway system, attractive real estate prices, low tax rates, widespread broadband internet service, and a variety of settings, make the valley a prime location for enterprises of all kinds. Growth in the area has attracted manufacturers, technology enterprises, retail establishments, restaurants, financial institutions, national supermarket and drugstore chains, consulting firms, and other ventures to the valley.
The valley also offers many recreational opportunities, from hiking, horseback riding, and skiing in the nearby Manzano and Sandia Mountains, to soaring and general aviation, making the valley an attractive place to live, work, and play.
Estancia Valley at a Glance
|Population (2013 estimates)||
|Labor Force Size (August 2013)||6,345 (Torrance County)|
|Median Age (2013 estimate)||41.6 (Torrance Cpunty)|
|Median Household Income||$37,436 (Torrance County)|
- Moriarty Public Schools
- TA Travel Center
- Torrance County
- Sandia Tobacco Company
- Central NM Electric Cooperative
- Renewable Power Generation
- Air: Albuquerque International Sunport and Moriarty Municipal Airport
- Ground: Interstate 40 and U.S. 285 & 60
- Rail Services: Amtrak passenger, AT & SF Freight, and BNSF rail
- Estancia Valley Economic Development Corporation
- MRCOG profiles for Estancia Valley Communities: Edgewood, Estancia, Moriarty, Mountainair
- East Mountain Chamber of Commerce
- Mountainair Chamber of Commerce
- Torrance County
- City of Moriarty
To learn more about the benefits of doing business in the Estancia Valley Communities, contact the Estancia Valley Economic Development Corporation.