Whether you're a sports participant or fan, you'll find plenty to do. The state's golf courses allow plenty of opportunities for golfers to practice or compete. In the winter the ski areas harvest the powdery snow of the Southern Rockies. In the summer, numerous lakes and streams beckon anglers holding out for the best catch, while water sports enthusiasts can windsurf, waterski, Jet Ski, swim or scuba dive. There are trails ideal for cyclists and runners, and the University of New Mexico Lobos offer plenty of options for sports fans including football, basketball, golf, soccer, tennis and more.
- Albuquerque Isotopes - Triple A baseball returned to Albuquerque in Spring 2003, with the Albuquerque Isotopes running for home in a beautifully rebuilt stadium.
- Duke City BMX – A non-profit supporting the sport of Olympic BMX racing. Held at the Albuquerque Velodrome.
- Duke City Fencing – A facility for teaching the sport of fencing.
- Duke City Soccer League
- New Mexico Fencing Foundation – A family friendly fencing club in Santa Fe.
- New Mexico Lobos Sports - In winter, cheer for the nationally-ranked University of New Mexico Lobos men's and women's basketball teams. UNM also competes in intercollegiate baseball, football, soccer, golf, tennis, and other sports.
- New Mexico Touring Society - Cycling meetings, membership, news, ride schedule and descriptions, ride submission form, cycling links
- Sandia Peak Ski Area - Close to Albuquerque, great runs, blue skies, Sandia Peak Tramway
- Ski Santa Fe - Ski facts, figures and features, snow report, rates, ski school schedule, calendar, lodging, jobs, ski passes
New Mexico's climate makes the state a year-round golfer's paradise. The Twin Warriors Golf Club has been named one of the Meetings & Conventions magazine's Gold Tee winners for 2006, and Paa-Ko Ridge near Cedar Crest was given Golf Digest's highest rating, because of its high-quality golf at lower rates than other states. With our high altitudes, you can hit a golf ball about 10% farther than at sea level! Play at more than 60 unique courses statewide including challenging championship-quality courses:
- Isleta Eagle Golf Course
- Marty Sanchez Links de Santa Fe
- Paa-Ko Ridge Golf Club
- Sandia Golf Club
- Santa Ana Golf Club
- Tierra del Sol Golf Club
- Towa Golf Resort
- Twin Warriors Golf Club
- UNM Championship Course
- New Mexico Golf Destinations - A nonprofit collaboration that provides information regarding New Mexico golf locations, lodging and tour packages.