Metro New Mexico is a great place to live and do business, but don't take our word for it. View some of the region's national recognition and achievements below.
- New Mexico Ranks 1st for Job Growth - US Dept of Commerce, 2015
- New Mexico 8th for Tax-Friendly State - Kiplinger’s, 2015
- Albuquerque Metro Area among the US Metro Areas that most resembles the U.S., WalletHub 2015
- Albuquerque rated one of the 9 best up-and-coming towns for college grads by CBS MoneyWatch
- BuzzFeed ranked Albuquerque one of the most Underrated Cities in the U.S.
- Movie Maker Magazine ranks Albuquerque as one of the top 10 Big Cities to Live and Work as a Movie Maker
- Walk Score ranked Albuquerque among the Top 20 Most Bikeable Cities
- Albuquerque was ranked one of the 30 Best Cities for Staying Healthy by AARP.com
- Groupon ranked Albuquerque one of The Fittest Cities in America
- Albuquerque named one of the Friendliest Cities in America by Travel + Leisure and Groupon
- Travel + Leisure named Albuquerque one of the 20 Quirkiest Cities in America
- Travel + Leisure ranked Albuquerque one of the Best Cities for Food Snobs
- WalletHub.com ranked Albuquerque one of the Best Cities for an Active Lifestyle
- A report released by Ernst & Young in January 2014, ranked New Mexico 1st in the West for Manufacturers with the lowest effective tax rate for manufacturing
- Albuquerque named by Singletracks as one of the Top 10 Mountain Bike Cities in North America
- New Mexico Ranked 6th Best for Clean Tech Activity - Clean Edge, 2014
- Outside Magazine named Albuquerque the Top Most Unexpected Brewery City in the U.S
- New Mexico Ranked Among Tax Friendly States - Kiplinger’s, October 2013
- Rio Rancho Ranked 58th Best Place to Live - Money Magazine, 2012
- NM Ranked 10th for Sustainability - Site Selection, July 2011
- NM Ranked 10th Among States for Lowest Tax Burden - Tax Foundation, July 2011
- New Mexico Ranked Best Domestic Travel Destination - Global Traveler, January 2011
TLC Ranks Albuquerque 4th Best City for Families
Rio Rancho High School recieves a SCHOTT Solar 50 kW photovoltaic (PV) installation, largely in part because of students
- Albuquerque ranks among Top 10 cities for families by TLC (Also of interest to families, the Explora Science Center received the notable National Medal for Museum and Library Service in 2010.)
- Albuquerque ranks No. 1 for 'Best Cities to Live, Work and Make Movies' by Movie Maker Magazine
- Albuquerque ranks 13th least expensive city for business travel by Business Travel News
- Albuquerque among top 10 'Best Recovery Cities' by Relocate Amercia
- CNM Rio Rancho campus earns design excellence award by Rio Rancho Observer
- Four New Mexico Colleges Ranked Among Forbes’ Best - Forbes, August 2010
- Santa Fe, Albuquerque and Taos among top 25 cities for art by AmericanStyle
- Rio Rancho named among 'Best Small Cities' by Money Magazine
- Rio Rancho Ranked America’s 51st Best Place to Live - #51 - CNN Money, 2010
- Rio Rancho Ranked Among Best Small Cities - Money, July 2010
- New Mexico honors aviation by AOPA Online
- Rio Rancho Rated Best Place for Raising Kids in New Mexico by BusinessWeek
- Albuquerque ranked No 11 for Best Places to Live and Work by Forbes
- New Mexico No. 3 for Great Film Locations by Variety Magazine
- Brookings Institution ranks Albuquerque area 15th out of 100 metros for coping well with the recession
- U.S. News and World Report ranks Albuquerque in the top 10 of 'Best Places to Live'
- Kiplinger ranks Albuquerque No.2 for 'Best Cities'
- The 2009 Creative Bravos Awards honors excellence in Albuquerque arts and arts edcuation
- Albuquerque ranked in top 20 sustainable cities, SustainLane
- Albuquerque ranked '3rd Fittest City' by Men's Fitness
- Popular Science ranked Albuquerque 16th out 50 for 'Greenest City'
- Albuquerque Ranked No 1 for Home Appreciation by Forbes
- From the Albuquerque Jounral, Kirtland FCU wins Zia Award: Quality New Mexico's top prize given for performance excellence
- Rio Rancho Ranked 83rd for Best Places to Live and Launch - CNN Money, 2008
- Forbes rated Albuquerque in top 10 of 'Best Cities for Jobs'
- Top 50 'Best Places to Live and Play' by National Geographic Adventure
- Inc. Magazine named Albuquerque in 'Top 20 Mid-size Cities'
- Albuquerque ranks 6th in Forbes 'Best Places for Business and Careers'
- New Mexico ranked No. 7 for Pro-Business Climate by Business Facilities
- MSNBC Today says that Albuquerque in one of the top five cities if you own a dog